Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Switcheroo

This is weird.
This is strange.

Last night Mr. X and I were out buying some groceries.
At the register, there were some DVDs for sale.
One was "Charlie Wilson's War".

I turned to Mr. X and said "Remember when we saw that with Holly and Scott."
"No."
I continued trying to remind him.
"No, Star. I did not see that movie. I wanted to but I did not see it."
"Oh."
Oops. Oops. Oops.
I picked up the movie and looked at the date the movie came out.
2007.
"It came out in 2007. That was not you."

I have noticed something in the last couple of weeks.
I am starting to confuse Roger stories with Mr. X stories.
I rarely dream about Roger.
I dream about Mr. X.
He is the one I see in my dreams.
He is the one I do things with in my dreams.
Not Roger.

I am not sure how I feel about this.
I think it is good.

I think. Maybe.

2 comments:

Jennifer M Karn said...

I hope Mr. X is understanding and patient. Good luck and I wish you well with this new relationship. It's nice to know that someday widows like me have hope to have relationships again.

Kim said...

I had a similar thing happen just yesterday by using the wrong surname - and worse, I did not catch it, it was pointed out to me. I went through a series of apologies that made it painfully worse.

If you get in a relationship with a widow: I think you should take heed that we are going to do this. We do not mean any harm. After all, I have a friend that when she calls out to her kids sometimes she uses the dog's name instead! Is that less insulting???

I am glad you have a patient partner. I do too...