Monday, April 13, 2009

Butterflies

The fluttering of wings.
Chills that run down my spine.
Warmth that goes up my body.
Roger caused this.
And I can still feel them.
All I have to do is remember the first time we kissed.
And the feeling returns.

We had been teasing each other for a few weeks about kissing. As friends of course.
I proclaimed I was a great kisser.
Roger said he was a great kisser.
I argued that I was better and I could give him some lessons.  
Of course if I wanted to give him lessons.
If he was nice to me then I would offer him my kissing lesson services.

On November 14, 2005, I found my lips next to his.
Finally we were kissing each other.  

And it was so nice.
It was like magic.
It was what the movies talked about.
It was what songs sung about.
It was real.  
  
The first day of course will always hold a special place in my heart.
I will never forget it.
It was the turning point for Roger and me.

The next day of course I wanted to kiss him again.  
I wanted to kiss him so badly.
It was all I could think about.
I remember telling a work friend about the kiss.
About Roger.
About everything.
And since we were having a mandatory fun day at SeaWorld, he told me to go.  
To go get some more of that wonderfulness.
So I did.

I knew Roger would be home.
I knew I had a few hours before he needed to go to his evening class. Which he never made it to. Oh, the sacrafices he made for me.
I drove there as soon as I could.
And kissed him lots more.  

The absolute best part is it still causes butterflies.
Three and half years later, I still feel the fluttering, the chills, the warmth.
Even though the man is gone, the feeling remains.

1 comment:

Supa Dupa Fresh said...

Honey, you and I are having either another "Manic Monday" or else that whole Easter-rebirth-spring-new life crap has a hold of us.

Either way... love the burst of energy.

You rule!

X

Supa