Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Moment

I remember the look.
It was the moment I knew that Roger was totally falling for me.
I didn't say anything at the time.
I just smiled.
But I just knew. He was smitten.

It was very early on in our relationship.
Roger had bought a media stand for his living room and asked me to be his lovely assistant for the job of putting it together.
"Sure. Where are the directions?"
"Hmm, I don't know. They are probably still in the box" as he was sorting the various pieces of wood.
I grabbed the directions and started reading.
I helped him sort the pieces according to order they were needed.
I could tell he was already slightly impressed.
I was scoring some points.

As we got to work putting down the foundation, both for the media stand and our relationship, I looked over to Roger and our eyes met.
I gently smiled and he smiled back.
And there it was in his eyes.
The moment.
It was the moment that I knew he was falling for me.
The moment I knew we worked well together.
The moment when I knew I wanted to keep working on whatever project came our way together.

I miss our moments.
All of them.
Even the bad ones.

1 comment:

robyn said...

OH i love 'the moment'...and 'the look'....such a cool feeling! :)