Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Movie

It's a typical movie.  
It's cute.  
It's funny.  
And at the end of 120 minutes or so, all is right in the world.

The girl and guy are the perfect couple.
They are in love.
They are good people.
Something bad happens.
Some silly mistake.
The girl and the guy break up.
They are miserable without each other.
They both realize how perfect they are together.
They get back together.
They fall back madly in love.
Life is happily ever after.

Except I realized that Roger was perfect for me before we were married.
Before I lost him.
I knew I was lucky.
I knew I had a great husband/fiance/boyfriend.
We were already in love.

And at my movie, it does not tie up all the loose ends nicely.
I do not get my husband back.
Roger does not come running back to me.
We do not get to spend the rest of our lives together.

And some where in my head because of all these movies, I keep thinking he will come back.
We will live happily ever after.
Ugh... 

Except...
My life is not a movie.
My life is not a fairy tale (like that one song says).
This is my reality.  

1 comment:

Rach said...

I wish I had a movie that would make you smile a little. I have been sick for almost 2 weeks and ended up handing the eulogy of a friend today to some one else because of such a bad case of Strep throat and on top an ear ifection that is trying to rupture my ear drum. I have been to the Dr. 3 times in 2 weeks. Asshole I told him I had to be fixed ASAP. But guess where I am? In bed. I had talked to my friend over the phone the last week as he was fading. Found out 4 months ago he had Brain Cancer so we have had a little time. I just couldn't go today for as sick as I am. This also isn't the end either. When it warms up we still have the cemetary to go to. Thats when I will pull out all my smart ass comments for Danny that I had prepared. Thanks for reading this Star. I am going to shut down the laptop and close my eyes and cry. I have been up for over 24 hrs. So I am really tired, F_ing tired. Thanks Rachel in MN