Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blood Money

This was funny and gross as it was happening.
But it probably was/is not that funny.

Roger had his wallet in his pocket.
Roger kept his wallet in his front pocket.
There was a lot of blood.
Some of that blood got onto his jeans.
And thus into his wallet.
Thus onto the cash in his wallet.
[Although I still have his wallet and it does not seem stained so I am a little unsure about this part.]

It was not a lot of cash.
I really cannot remember exactly how much.
Perhaps twenty dollars or so.
I remember thinking of it as blood money.
I cannot remember if I actually said this out loud.
_______________________________________________
Holly or Scott would have to chime in for that:
[Holly says:

Yup, we joked about it together that it was blood money. We both apparently share a morbid sense of humor because I still think it's semi-funny to call it blood money. Scott and I helped spend some of it for you - we spent it at CVS when we picked up your prescription. Scott actually washed some of the money off in the sink there, dried it as best as he could with paper towels, handed the cash over to the pharm tech and then we bolted out of there before anyone could ask any questions!]

But I wanted it gone.
I wanted it out of my possession.
I could not spend it fast enough.
I used it to pay for my antibiotics.
Some food that I pushed around a plate.

I wonder about that money.
What happened to it?
Does someone take money like that out of the cash flow?
I wonder if by some weird chance if I will ever see it again.

I apologize to those who have handled that money.
Roger did not have anything.
Except he was positively amazing.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Yup, we joked about it together that it was blood money. We both apparently share a morbid sense of humor because I still think it's semi-funny to call it blood money. Scott and I helped spend some of it for you - we spent it at CVS when we picked up your prescription. Scott actually washed some of the money off in the sink there, dried it as best as he could with paper towels, handed the cash over to the pharm tech and then we bolted out of there before anyone could ask any questions!