Monday, May 18, 2009

I <3 Scoobie









A few months ago, my wedding photographer turned friends, Scoobie and his wife Lisa, asked what they could do for me. At first, I could not think of anything.
What did I need?  
But finally, I found something.  A small thing.
I decided that I wanted to do some professional pictures that were of just me.
Me alone.
Me alone and not wedding related.  
Not to mention, I feel different.
I feel like I look better than before.
I look more like me.  
The vision of me.
The me I have in my head.  

So two weeks ago, he did these photos.
At one of my favorite Orlando locations, Casa Feliz.  
And I love them.
He did an amazing job as always.

A good photograph just boosts my confidence so much.  
Makes me feel less defeated.
More determined to make it through.
A boost that I can do it.
I have done it.
And I will continue to do it.

6 comments:

J-in-Wales said...

Those are fabulous photos. You look stunning.

GA said...

Star you look great! I really like the pictures.

Supa Dupa Fresh said...

Oh how beautiful! I wish I had such nice pictures of myself, alone, as the real Supa 2.5 (Is that where I am up to now? I lost track).

These are so lovely and so real.

X

Supa

Jeff Tompkins said...

I stumbled upon your blog and I've spent the last 30 or so minutes reading various posts. Yours is one of the most powerful and moving blogs I've seen. I'm sure you hear stuff like that all the time, but I thought I'd add my name to that group anyway....

robyn said...

gorgeous, star!! you look amazing! :)

netekay said...

Beautiful photographs! It is always nice to put a face to the blog! :D