Sunday, February 15, 2009

That's a capital "R"

I have this weird habit now.
When writing out Roger's name, I can not let it be uncapitalized.

I know that does not seem too odd but no one else gets this treatment.
When I am instant messaging or quick email, I rarely capitalize people's names.
I barely even do a capital "I" when instant messaging.  
It just a bad habit of typing fast and not taking my time or giving proper respect to people.

But for Roger, I feel like I'm disrespecting him if I leave it as a small "r".  
Even if I accidently type "r", I go back and fix it before I hit send.  

It reminds me of the way I am with the word "God."
I have to capitalize that word too.  

Maybe it is a respect for Roger now that he is gone.
Cause I did not respect his name like that before. 

Yeah... crazy grief girl.  
I know...

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Hi Star- I've been reading your blog for a while now. I just wanted to let you know that I think you do a wonderful job of writing about you and Roger. I've laughed and cried, and sometimes just smiled reading your posts. I admire your courage and strength, and it encouraged me to start my own blog. I lost my mother, not in the same way you lost your husband, but it hurts just the same. I haven't talked about it yet in my blog...I'm still getting use to the whole "opening up" thing on the internet. I'm getting married in just over 3 months...and reading about how wonderful your marriage was...and still is...is very inspiring. Sorry this is so long! I hope you have a great week :-)